Compare Vfend vs. Diflucan
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Treats fungal infections.
Vfend (voriconazole) is effective at treating many different fungal infections, but it can cause blurry vision and make your eyes more sensitive to light.
Treats yeast and other fungal infections.
Diflucan (fluconazole) is a cheap and effective treatment for fungal infections.
3.9/ 5 average rating with 30 reviewsforDiflucan
- Vfend (voriconazole) is good for treating infections caused by many different types of fungi.
- Available as a generic, and in both tablet and liquid form.
- Vfend (voriconazole) is the antifungal drug of choice to treat Aspergillosis infection.
- Available in a cheap generic version.
- Single dose treatment for vaginal infections.
- Available as a pill, liquid, or injection.
- Vfend (voriconazole) can cause blurry vision and sensitity to bright lights.
- Vfend (voriconazole) cannot be taken with food.
- Your skin may become more sensitive to the sun while taking Vfend (voriconazole). Make sure to use sunscreen or wear protective layers.
- Vfend (voriconazole) has a lot of drug interactions.
- Vfend (voriconazole) isn't absorbed in the same way by everyone, so you'll probably need to get regular blood tests while taking it.
- Excessive use of alcohol while on this medicine can harm your liver.
- Can interfere with how other medicines work, especially birth control pills.
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
Not enough review data.Leave a review
11possible side effects
- Abnormal vision19%
- Abnormal liver tests3%
- Sensitivity to light2%
- Fast heart rate2%
4possible side effects
- Abdominal pain6%
Risks and risk factors
- Liver problems
- Blood disorder
- Liver disease
- Abnormal vision or eye sensitivity
- Abnormal heartbeat
- QT prolongation
- Drugs that cause prolonged QT interval
- Abnormal electrolytes
- Gallbladder problems
- History of gallblader disease
- People with severe kidney problems
- Pancreas problems (pancreatitis)
- Skin reaction to light
- Liver disease
- Serious immediate allergic reaction
- Skin rash
- Use in pregnancy