Compare Vigamox vs. Besivance
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Treats eye infections.
Vigamox (moxifloxacin) is effective at treating eye infections, but it can be expensive.
Treats eye infections like pink eye.
Besivance (besifloxacin) effectively treats pink eye, especially more severe cases, but will cost more because no generic is currently available.
- Infection may start to feel better and clear up on days 5-6.
- Because it works directly on the eye, you won't get the same side effects (like diarrhea) from taking the pill form.
- Besivance (besifloxacin) effectively treats bacterial eye infections like pink eye, and is often chosen for more serious cases.
- Less frequent applications make Besivance (besifloxacin) more convenient to use than similar medicines.
- Has fewer side effects compared to alternative oral medications since Besivance (besifloxacin) is applied directly to the eyes.
- May need to use Vigamox (moxifloxacin) multiple times a day, which can be inconvenient.
- Not available as a generic eye drop medication.
- Common side effects include eye irritation, eye pain, dry eyes, and teary eyes.
- Application of Besivance (besifloxacin) can temporarily irritate the eyes.
- Using eye drops may be harder for some people compared to taking a pill.
- Eye drops
- Eye drops
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
6possible side effects
- Decreased visual acuity6%
- Dry eyes6%
- Eye irritation6%
- Eye pain6%
- Itchy eyes6%
4possible side effects
- Red eye2%
- Blurred vision2%
- Eye irritation2%
Risks and risk factors
- Avoidance of contact lens wear
- Allergy to ingredients
- Allergies to quinolone antibiotics such as Levaquin and Cipro.
- Risk for contamination
- Not to be used with contact lenses
- For use topically in the eyes only
- Risk of infection
- Prolonged use