Compare Vigamox vs. Zylet
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Treats eye infections.
Vigamox (moxifloxacin) is effective at treating eye infections, but it can be expensive.
Treats certain eye inflammation and infections.
Zylet (loteprednol and tobramycin) is a good choice for certain eye infections and conditions, but isn't for everyone and you can't use it for a long time.
- Infection may start to feel better and clear up on days 5-6.
- Because it works directly on the eye, you won't get the same side effects (like diarrhea) from taking the pill form.
- Zylet (loteprednol and tobramycin) is very effective at reducing inflammation and treating infection in certain eye conditions.
- Since Zylet (loteprednol and tobramycin) is applied directly into the eye, you won't experience any severe body side effects.
- May need to use Vigamox (moxifloxacin) multiple times a day, which can be inconvenient.
- Not available as a generic eye drop medication.
- Common side effects include eye irritation, eye pain, dry eyes, and teary eyes.
- Zylet (loteprednol and tobramycin) is expensive.
- Taking Zylet (loteprednol and tobramycin) can be burdensome, as you have to use it multiple times a day.
- There's a limit to how much Zylet (loteprednol and tobramycin) can be used.
- Steroid responsive eye inflammation conditions
- Superficial eye infections
- Eye drops
- Eye drops
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
6possible side effects
- Decreased visual acuity6%
- Dry eyes6%
- Eye irritation6%
- Eye pain6%
- Itchy eyes6%
12possible side effects
- Increased eye pressures10%
- Eye burning9%
- Eye stinging9%
- Vision problems4%
- Eye discharge4%
- Eye itching4%
- Tearing problems4%
- Light sensitivity4%
- Eye deposits4%
- Eyelid problems4%
- Other non-specific eye disorders4%
Risks and risk factors
- Avoidance of contact lens wear
- Increased eye pressure
- Taking Zylet (loteprednol and tobramycin) with other steroids
- Delayed healing
- Recent cataract surgery
- Cornea problems
- Second infections
- Acute purulent eye infections
- Allergic reaction